Due to timing issues, good friend Robert Gerlings had to optimize the StaticRuhrTour so he made some updates to the first version and finalized the schedule. We'll visit some iconic Ruhr valley sites, have a beer at a corner shop, a local specialty snack. Part of the Ruhr valley experience is travelling by public transport - yay, that should be fun:
- we'll meet up on Friday, July 13th, at 11am in front of Oberhausen train station (five minutes walk from the NH Hotel, Oberhausen)
- from Oberhausen train station we'll head to Gelsenkirchen train station
- from Gelsenkirchen train station a bus will bring us to "Halde Rheinelbe", a pithead stock
- a little hike up to the top for some great views
- hiking down to a "Büdchen" (that's what we call the local corner shops) for a little Pils beer break (hurray!)
- a tram will take us back to Gelsenkirchen train station
- from Gelsenkirchen train station another tram will take us to Essen. On the way we'll have some of Robert's home made local specialty snack!
- We'll leave the tram at "Zeche Zollverein" in Essen, a World Cultural Heritage site and the most iconic coal mine in Germany.
- We'll stroll across the area and head to a close-by train station where an urban railway takes us back to Oberhausen
- We should be back at Oberhausen train station around 3:15pm
- And now it's up to you: head back into the hotel to freshen up and get ready for the Static Roots Festival - or if you still feel the need for another local specialty: Oberhausen's best Currywurst is being served at the "Rathausgrill". It's just a 750m walk from the train station or 350m from the NH Hotel, Oberhausen.
If you want to join in, let us know via mail to info (at) staticrootsfestival.de or via Facebook event... It's only 10 EUR per person to cover the cost!